Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Stairwell Re-do

Improving our stairwell has been on my to-do list for years, and we have finally done it! Having a husband who has off all summer is great. 


I wish I had some before pics, but they are on our other computer, and I am too lazy to switch them over to show you. Anyway, imagine an always dirty cream carpet covering these stairs. And a handrail that was dark brown.

We (Dave) pulled off all of the carpet, uncovering the wooden stairs, which we painted black.


What was under the landing was a mystery, but it ended up being an ugly linoleum. So we (he) also ripped that out and we laid down some unfinished hardwood. Initially I was going to paint that black as well, but it looked too good to paint so we just poly-ed it. I actually can take credit for the poly and helping with the painting. 


The handrails and the coat rack was painted my favorite color, ORANGE. I love it!



  
 The best part was this whole project cost around $400. The flooring and supplies were around $300 and the paint and stain was another $100.

I plan to someday hang plants in the landing, which has a skylight. I bought pulleys about 2 years ago, but still haven't gotten that together. One day I will and I will be sure to share it with you.

1 comment:

Marion said...

Love it! You have great taste and a talented hub!