Anyway, here are some pictures of our home decorated for the holidays.
We separated the sectional (which was my great aunt's and we had recovered by chairloom), and this spot by the fireplace has become Winnie Cooper's favorite spot. I just realized that she hasn't' had enough air time on this blog, so look forward to more dog pictures soon.
craft night and intended to write a blog post on how to make them. But the pictures I took are horrible, so just here's the brief summary:
- Yarn (I used 3 colors of yarn, each with a sparkly bit) to make 3 trees
- Styrofoam cone(s)
- scotch tape
- hot glue gun
- pom poms
- small bells
- You can use some scotch tape to tape and start the beginning of the yarn.
- Keep winding it around the cone until it fills the whole space.
- It helps to add a dab of glue here and there to keep yarn in place.
- Around the top, add a dab of glue and place a pom pom. the ones I found had a bit of gold sparkle.
- You can either tape or glue the end a the bottom of the cone.
- Take another string of yarn and string on the bells. I had to use an upholstery needle (one with a big eye) to get the yard through the small bells.
- Use a dab of glue or tape to end the string of bells, or wrap it down around again to the bottom to tape.
And voila, you have a DIY Christmas tree.