Monday, April 15, 2013

our finished quilt

at the end of last year i started a quilt for us. taking inspiration from the gee's bend quilts, it was made with our old shirts and pants. since i didn't have enough discarded clothing for the entire thing, i did incorporate some new fabrics in order to make it big enough for our queen size bed. 

the front patchwork was made with some of our old shirts and khakis. 

since the front was very dark and wintry, i made the back with lighter color fabrics so that it would work better for the warmer months.

here's a little peak of our bedroom. 

and the giant dining room table came in handy while working on this giant quilt. at the bottom of this pic you can also see some other re purposed fabric i used for the back, a duvet cover.

and the living room had just enough space to baste this beast. i just had to move some furniture out of the way.

i saved a couple of pockets to add a little something unexpected to the quilt.

i really like how it turned out! although the navy fabric i used for the front seems to attract every miscellaneous dust particle and speck of fabric, which is very annoying. 

No comments: