Sunday, August 22, 2010

st. john: the animals

if you want to go to paradise, go to st. john, USVI. it is heaven on earth. we spent the first week of august with my family on vacation there. st. john is 2/3 state park (thanks to a rich rockefeller who donated it to the US). here are a couple pics of all of the wildlife.

donkeys: this guy came up to our car and i really wanted to pet him, but didn't want to loose a finger.


goats: this guy was up on a table at miss lucy's and was rambunctious and wanted us to feed him leaves.



birds: this one was following our boat on our way back from a charter to the BVI's (which were awesome by the way). my dad held up a ritz cracker, which he dove to get. he was back about 5 minutes later for another one.


cats: a stray cat at our villa that my niece wanted to keep.


iguanas: there are also lizards around, but they move too fast to take a picture.



hermit crab: i guess that's what this is!


fish: we saw some cool ones while snorkeling (like cuttlefish!). this little guy was swimming around my legs while at the soggy dollar bar. he had one little black fin on top and an orange one on the bottom. he was cute!

2 comments:

Brandi said...

Pause --- donkeys and goats are considered wildlife?? I'm fascinated! St. John sounds like a great place to visit. Who can say no to that much park, right? I'll have to see if it's near Anguila; I stayed there when I was young and there were giant iguanas there too.

brandeye said...

Technically Miss Lucy owns the goats I think, but they roam around. On our honeymoon we stayed in a villa right next he her and goats were everywhere. But our villa was gated so they wouldn't come in and eat everything.

Everyone needs to go to St. John, it's absolutely amazing.