Saturday, February 20, 2010

floral galaxy


the new quilt, floral galaxy, is complete and washed and ready to enjoy. but this time i'll be enjoying it. i can't part with it, so happy birthday to me :-)

it was made with vintage sheets, (some were my grandpa's, as was the sheet used to make the pillow above. he had awesome sheets!) a vintage table cloth and khaki fabric. it is awesome if i do say so myself. i was going to add yo-yos to it, but they fell apart when i was trying to pin them on to sew. i must not have used strong enough thread, bummer. but i think it turned out well without them.

the front.


quilting.


and back.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Brandi, this is gorgeous and so perfect for springtime! Your quilts are amazing.

stephanie said...

SO pretty!

brandeye said...

Thank you both! I am really wishing for spring. At least we have snow on the ground, somehow I think that makes the winter more bearable.